dump_snapshot file

Chris Whitehouse cwhiteh at onetel.com
Wed Oct 7 22:14:56 UTC 2009

Warren Block wrote:
> On Wed, 7 Oct 2009, Philip Jocks wrote:

>> BTW: is everyone else getting messages from the list twice, once with
>> the list's signature, once without?
>
> Normal procedure on the FreeBSD mailing lists is to respond to the
> message and CC the list (or vice versa) so replies are visible to
> everyone.  If your mail setup allows it, mail/procmail can weed out
> duplicates and sort mail into folders.
>
> -Warren Block * Rapid City, South Dakota USA

There is a setting in your mailing list config eg

http://lists.freebsd.org/mailman/options/freebsd-questions/your@email.address

which I think sets this. It's called Avoid duplicate copies of messages:
When you are listed explicitly in the To: or Cc: headers of a list
message, you can opt to not receive another copy from the mailing list.