Daily run reports

Glen Barber glen.j.barber at gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 13:09:53 UTC 2009

Hi,

On Wed, Oct 7, 2009 at 1:05 PM, Aflatoon Aflatooni <aaflatooni at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I am wondering what process generates the following reports:
> security run output
> daily run output
> monthly run output

You should see these lines in /etc/crontab:

# Perform daily/weekly/monthly maintenance.
1       3       *       *       *       root    periodic daily
15      4       *       *       6       root    periodic weekly
30      5       1       *       *       root    periodic monthly

You can set the MAILTO environment variable in /etc/crontab to mail to
an alternate address if needed.

> In my FreeBSD 6.3 I had these reports emailed to root, but I haven't recieved them in my new installation of FreeBSD 7.2.

You should, unless you have a modified /etc/periodic.conf

> Can I also get a similar report generated for Tripwire?

I'm not sure about tripwire, but it should either be handled by
rc.conf or periodic.conf.

--
Glen Barber