dump_snapshot file

Philip Jocks pjlists at netzkommune.de
Wed Oct 7 11:12:41 UTC 2009

Hi,

I had a file /usr/.snap/dump_snapshot being about 15GB in size, which
I removed because the partition was filling up.
The file's date was always rather current, so I'm wondering, what it
was for?
I did do a level 0 dump with -0 and -Lau parameters a few weeks ago
and always do dumps on other boxes, but never saw a file in the .snap
directory growing. For the other partitions, there are no such files,
that's why I'm wondering.
Maybe someone can shed some light on this for me.

Thanks!

Philip