Jails: /bin/tcsh: Permission Denied

Oliver Fromme olli at lurza.secnetix.de
Mon Oct 5 14:34:22 UTC 2009

APseudoUtopia <apseudoutopia at gmail.com> wrote:
 > The permissions on the HOST for /usr/jails/httpd and
 > /usr/jails/basejail were set incorrectly. When I installed the jail, I
 > used umask 0077.

You should _never_ have umask 077 as root.  It will cause
all kinds of weird problems.  It's best to keep the umask
at the default of 022, unless you specifically know that
you need a different one for a certain installation.

Best regards
   Oliver

"We, the unwilling, led by the unknowing,
are doing the impossible for the ungrateful.
We have done so much, for so long, with so little,
we are now qualified to do anything with nothing."
        -- Mother Teresa