jail - unable to print from inside jail

Raymond Gibson raymond.gibson at verizon.net
Fri Oct 2 22:05:20 UTC 2009

On Friday 02 October 2009 04:32:23 pm Patrick Lamaiziere wrote:
> Le Fri, 02 Oct 2009 15:31:55 -0500,
>
> Raymond Gibson <raymond.gibson at verizon.net> a écrit :
> >
> > i tried to set 666 for devfs.rules & devfs.conf in both host and
> > jail, but that didn't work.
> >
> > any more ideas?
>
> How do you start your jail? For a jail, the devfs rule applied is the
> one specified for the jail in /etc/rc.conf, something like
>
> jail_jailname_devfs_ruleset="devfsrules_jail" # devfs ruleset to
> apply to jail
>
> Regards.

i'm using ezjail.

ezjail is started from /etc/rc.conf with ezjail_enable="YES".

i thought the following would be read into the jail's configuration.

/usr/local/etc/ezjail/PrintServer
export jail_PrintServer_hostname="PrintServer"
export jail_PrintServer_ip="192.168.1.52"
export jail_PrintServer_rootdir="/usr/jails/PrintServer"
export jail_PrintServer_exec="/bin/sh /etc/rc"
export jail_PrintServer_mount_enable="YES"
export jail_PrintServer_devfs_enable="YES"
export jail_PrintServer_devfs_ruleset="devfsrules_jail_PrintServer"
export jail_PrintServer_procfs_enable="YES"
export jail_PrintServer_fdescfs_enable="YES"
export jail_PrintServer_image=""
export jail_PrintServer_imagetype=""
export jail_PrintServer_attachparams=""
export jail_PrintServer_attachblocking=""
export jail_PrintServer_forceblocking=""

i put PrintServer_devfs_ruleset="devfsrules_jail_PrintServer" into my rc.conf
and rebooted. no luck, i still get permission denied.