slightly complex query - one machine with two network interfaces

James Phillips anti_spam256 at yahoo.ca
Sun Nov 29 18:38:34 UTC 2009

> Date: Sun, 29 Nov 2009 10:16:53 +0000
> From: John <comp.john at googlemail.com>
> Subject: slightly complex query - one machine with two
> network
>     interfaces
> To: freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions at freebsd.org>
>

> it. Can anyone give me pointers on how to make the wireless
> interface
> more usable? basically, I want to export via either nfs or
> samba some
> shares to the wireless network, but routing ropiness seems
> to kill this.

I suggest you should be careful here. By default NFS seems to assume that only trusted hosts (not users) will connect. If your share is read-only that may not be a problem (depending on the information shared).

You should also make sure samba is using (sufficiently strongly) encrypted passwords as well.

You may want to read the security section of the handbook.

Regards,

James Phillips

PS: If I want to be paranoid over wireless I need new hardware. My PII 350 can only do SSH (128 bit 3-DES?) at ~1MB/s.