MUA questions

Rem Roberti remegius at comcast.net
Thu Nov 26 06:28:05 UTC 2009

>>  I just installed FreeBSD 7.2 on a new box and am having trouble
>>  getting either fetchmail or getmail to talk to the ISP. Is this a
>>  question that can can be answered here, or is there another more
>>  appropriate forum. I thought it best to ask that question first
>>  before going any further.
>>

> 	I use fetchmail, though I'm not an expert.
> 	What's the problem?
>

> 				Robert Huff

Basically, I am using Mutt as my MUA, and I have either getmail or
fetchmail configured to receive my POP3 mail from Comcast, which is via
mail.comcast.net.  I am using msmtp as my smtp client, and have no
trouble sending mail from Mutt...just can't receive.  Both the
.fetchmailrc and getmailrc configurations have worked in the past.  Is
this possibly a sendmail issue?  The fetchmail.log repeatedly indicates
"Trying to connect to 76.96.54.12/110...connection failed: Operation
temed out."

Rem