SAME: Re: need help; cacti fails to build on 7.2-R, p4....

Vaibhav Gavane vaibhav.gavane at gmail.com
Thu Nov 26 06:08:20 UTC 2009

On Thu, Nov 26, 2009 at 9:31 AM, Gary Kline <kline at thought.org> wrote:

>        tHIS I doesn't understand.  Maybe it's time for a portupgrade
>        on my brand new system......   This stuff is the biggest
>        turnoff with FBSD.  In fat, it's the only one, since server
>        are supposed to be workhorses.

If you were installing cacti for the first time, i.e. with portinstall, then
according to the manual, the dependencies should have been automatically
upgraded. Either your ports tree itself was out of date or there is
something wrong with portupgrade. If you suspect the latter, consider giving
portmaster a try.