hp 10-in mini?

Gary Kline kline at thought.org
Tue Nov 24 00:40:40 UTC 2009

On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 06:19:50PM -0600, Doug Poland wrote:

> On Nov 23, 2009, at 16:54, Gary Kline <kline at thought.org> wrote:
>
> >   gang,
> >
> >   I rarely glance at any come-on advertisement, but I just got
> >   one by amazon that has a $380 HP Mini 10" computer for $200.
> >
> >   I want to use something about this size for my type-and-speech
> >   computer.  I'm thinking more of the ASUS 9" notebook.  What
> >   are people's thoughts on this?
> >
> >   (Yes, this is still an attempt to drive sales in a bad
> >   downturn. etc.  Still, altho these tiny computers many be
> >   manufactured in the same plant by the same corporation, it may
> >   not make any difference.)
> >
> >   anybody on-list who cares to share?
> >
> >   gary
> >
> My wife has one of these running XP. I've booted and run both 7.1-
> RELEASE and 8.0-RC2 from external USB. It's a nice little piece of
> hardware. Unfortunately, the wireless chipset was not recognized. I
> did not pursue it any further.

	thanks muchly; this helps a lot.  additional question or two:
	one, could  you tell which chipset hp used.  [i admit my
	pro-hp bias given my server bias, going into its 12th year].

	also, are mice and cd/dvd drives available?  --or would i be
	stuck with a swine in a poke??

	tx agn.

    The 7.31a release of Jottings: http://jottings.thought.org/index.php