read/write data on usb weather station WMR100

Roland Smith rsmith at xs4all.nl
Mon Nov 23 17:45:33 UTC 2009

On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 02:57:27PM +0100, Olivier GARNIER wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have an usb weather station (oregon wmr100).
> It's an usb device only.
> I want to be able to get data from it (T°, H°, wind, ...)

This machine probably only comes with windoze software? If you don't know the
protocol for data exchange used between the hard- and software it might be
difficult getting it to work on FreeBSD.

There seems to be a Linux program (WeatherD) that works with this
station. Maybe you can get that to work? Or you could try running the windows
softere under emulators/wine.

> I tried to use libusb to make a c software but it seems not to work
> (exemple witch are in /usr/ports/devel/libusb/work/...test/ do not work).

Can you elaborate a bit? This is too little info for anyone to help you.

If you plug the device in, do you see an ugen device being created? What does
dmesg report?

> I've seen what's written on /usr/ports/UPDATING (20090309) so i
> reinstall libusb

The note you reference only affected what was then CURRENT, i.e. what is now
8.0-PRERELEASE. It shouldn't bother people on 7.x.

> But it since doesn't work. libusb will not work with FreeBSD 7.0 ?

It works.

Roland