[Ticket#2009112310000017] Scilab and FreeBSD

Chris Rees utisoft at googlemail.com
Mon Nov 23 10:38:55 UTC 2009

2009/11/23 Scilab Support <scilab.support at scilab.org>:
> Hello Wiebe,
>
> Chris Rees is currently working on the upgrade of the Scilab package.
> We are in touch with him to maintain and improve the package.
>
> Regards,
> Sylvestre
>
> 23.11.2009 11:13 - W.R. Pestman a écrit:
> Dear Scilab team,
> I don't know whether this is the right language to contact you.
> Maybe I should contact you in French?
> Anyway, I am writing you because I am worrying about the
> Scilab port in FreeBSD. Do you know that they consider to
> remove this port? I think this would be a highly undesirable
> act. The point seems to be that they can't find someone to
> maintain the port. Do you see a solution in this?
> Best regards,
> Wiebe Pestman

I'm still working on this port, and as a trainee teacher I'm
struggling to get it finished. Another fellow (on this list) has
offered some patches for the current version, and hopefully they'll be
committed soon.

When I've finished the new version, I'll submit it as a separate port.

Sorry for the delay...

Chris