spamassassin question

Gary Kline kline at thought.org
Mon Nov 23 04:48:57 UTC 2009

On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 02:30:47AM +0000, Marwan Sultan wrote:

> Gary,
>

>  Its an old problem with /root/.spamassassin
>
>  I dunt know why spamassassin still have it by default :(
>
>  I spent a day or so to figure it out.. however,

	i think everyone uwho uses spamassassim would be very
	grateful; i am, certain.  thanks!

>  in your local.cf
>
>  add the lines
>

> auto_whitelist_path /var/spool/spamd/.spamassassin/auto-whitelist
> bayes_path /var/spool/spamd/.spamassassin/bayes

	just to be complete++, :-), you mean

	/usr/local/etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf

	, is this correct??

>  Save and Exit,

	done!

>  Then:
>

>  mkdir /var/spool/spamd/.spamassassin
>
>  touch /var/spool/spamd/.spamassassin/auto-whitelist
>
>  chown spamd /var/spool/spamd/.spamassassin
>
>  chown spamd /var/spool/spamd/.spamassassin/auto-whitelist

	would you check my tying to see if i've made any mistakes?

>  You will need to set the right permissions then.

	another question: are these the same perms, 0755, as before [in /root]?
	i want to document and save these data in a local spamd howto
	file for the next time i need to go thru this morass...

	lastly, what format is used in the whitelist?  is it similar
	to what i have in /etc/mail/access?

	-----

    The 7.31a release of Jottings: http://jottings.thought.org/index.php