7.2, usb mouse, uhub0: device problem (IOERROR),

Polytropon freebsd at edvax.de
Sat Nov 21 01:11:32 UTC 2009

On Fri, 20 Nov 2009 15:52:51 -0800 (PST), James Phillips <anti_spam256 at yahoo.ca> wrote:
> Ok, I wasn't clear: none of the mice in the local stores I checked
> had the USB certified logo, Including a Logitech one I ended up
> getting.

I can recommend the Sun type 6 USB mouse (standard three button
mouse), and maybe the type 7 USB mouse is excellent as well,
allthough I can't confirm that because I don't own one (I don't
like the mouse wheel).

> I was looking for a $20 mouse, not a $100 mouse, so that may make a
> difference in labling/testing. *shrug*

A $100 mouse? What is it, made of gold? :-)

Maybe the "nameless mice" are as good as the expensive ones
(that come with well-known brand names) when it comes to
USB standard compliance. Being able to test them in a live
condition would always be an advantage...

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany