hdd voltage

Dánielisz László laszlo_danielisz at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 17 19:01:16 UTC 2009

Thank you guys for the interest you bring solving my issue!

Actualy I noticed one thing for sure:
I have to hdd-s in my PC, an 80GB Seagate ATA (the o.s. boot hdd) and one 1T Seagate SATA (only for storage), there were no problems when I used just the 80GB neither with the 1T, I noticed only that I'm getting thouse reboots when I start to copy about more than 4-5GB from the 1T hdd to my laptop (on ftp). Maybe the hdd was too warm after copying that amount of data?

Oh...I'm drunk or something but I just noticed that my 1T was not unmounted properly last week and I was doing only fsck with the disk mounted so nothing was modified to the file system, now I've done an fsck -yf to the 1T (unmounted)...I got some blocks (about 300) reapaired. Maybe this produces the reboots, what do you think so?

I also done now an smartctl -l scttemp /dev/ad4 and I got the following result:
  86    2009-11-17 19:40    45  **************************
  87    2009-11-17 19:41    45  **************************
  88    2009-11-17 19:42    46  ***************************
  89    2009-11-17 19:43    45  **************************
  90    2009-11-17 19:44    45  **************************
  92    2009-11-17 19:46    45  **************************

49 Celsius was the top of the tempature for this hdd, I think its normal.

Thank you,
László