Trivial questions about CNTL-ALT-DEL and CNTL-ALT-BACKSPACE

Ronald F. Guilmette rfg at tristatelogic.com
Sun Nov 15 23:19:31 UTC 2009

Many thanks to those who responded regarding my two questions.

With regards to the CNTL-ALT-BACKSPACE sequence and its ability
(or lack thereof) to cause an immediate shutdown of the X server...
well... I _did_ go and read the Handbook section that Manolis Kiagias
kindly posted a link to, and I have now tried _both_ of the two
ways described there to re-enable CNTL-ALT-BACKSPACE functionality
for the X server, and sadly I must report that for me, at least
_neither_ of those methods worked.  I did everything exactly and
precisely as described.  I even cut and pasted the code in the Handbook
that was suggested for the /usr/local/etc/hal/fdi/policy/x11-input.fdi
file, and still, CNTL-ALT-BACKSPACE is producing no effect whatsoever
for me.  This is on 7.2-RELEASE/amd64.

What now?  send-pr?