ATI Eyefinity support in FreeBSD

Jerry gesbbb at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 14 12:31:38 UTC 2009

On Fri, 13 Nov 2009 19:06:10 -0500
PJ PJ <af.gourmet at videotron.ca> replied:

[snip]

>Hey, this is indeed very interesting.
>But did you read the fine print at the bottom of the page?
>"Linux support scheduled to be enabled via a future ATI Catalyst™
>driver release."
>Nobody cares about us FreeBSD fraks...   :'(

Yes, I did see the reference. I don't blame ATI though. After all, they
have to first appease their largest user base. Unfortunately, that
means that Linux users are put on hold for an indefinite period of
time. Once that project is consummated, the development or porting of
drivers to other platforms commences. It would be nice if some
patronage were shown to FreeBSD earlier in the cycle though. I cannot
help but wonder if this will turn into a nVidia-64 debacle; i.e.,
waiting years for a serviceable solution.

--
Jerry
gesbbb at yahoo.com

That money talks,