Remote re-installation of current FreeBSD system.

Jerry McAllister jerrymc at msu.edu
Fri Nov 13 23:13:04 UTC 2009

On Fri, Nov 13, 2009 at 05:12:06PM -0500, Jerry McAllister wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 13, 2009 at 03:28:04PM -0500, Roger wrote:
>
> > Hello all,
> >
> > I'm in control of a dedicated server and I would like to re-install FreeBSD.
> > I found the following guide:
> > http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en/articles/remote-install/
> > which seems to cover pretty much all should need but it assumes that
> > I have some other OS (linux) installed, since I have FreeBSD 7.2-p4 I wonder
> > if maybe there is an easier way.
>
> Well, you say a dedicated server, but you do not say it is remote.
> The article is for a remote install - that is, one where you cannot
> put your hands on the actual machine.

I just noticed your subject line.
You should really put all relevant information in the body of
your post and not depend on the subject line doing any more
than filtering.

Anyway, if it is really remote, then take that article seriously
but for only one disk, forget the gmirror raid stuff.

////jerry