Remote re-installation of current FreeBSD system.

Roger rnodal at gmail.com
Fri Nov 13 20:28:24 UTC 2009

Hello all,

I'm in control of a dedicated server and I would like to re-install FreeBSD.
I found the following guide:
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en/articles/remote-install/
which seems to cover pretty much all should need but it assumes that
I have some other OS (linux) installed, since I have FreeBSD 7.2-p4 I wonder
if maybe there is an easier way.

The reason for wanting to re-install is because I only have on big
slice that covers the
entire harddrive and I don't want that. Primarily I would like to have
/usr/local
in a separate slice.

Any input, advice, tips etc would be very welcomed.
(trying to be prepared before attempting anything)

Thank you,
-r