Cut/Paste with USB mouse inoperative

Polytropon freebsd at edvax.de
Thu Nov 12 19:37:07 UTC 2009

On Wed, 11 Nov 2009 06:40:11 -0500, Carmel <carmel_ny at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Well, the results of that test does not exactly exhilarate me.
>
> # moused -f -d -p /dev/ums0
> moused: unable to open /dev/ums0: Device busy

Seems that there's already a moused running. Use "ps ax" to
find it PID and simply kill it. I had to do the same to
check. Afterwards, enabling moused again is possible.

> A common problem in today's society. It reminds me of an old adage:
>
> Just like with unexploded bombs, Blame is best dealt with by passing it
> as quickly as possible to someone else.

With the idea in mind that responsibility for confirming to
existing standards is on the manufacturer's side.

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany