cannot boot freebsd

Jerry McAllister jerrymc at msu.edu
Thu Nov 12 16:14:31 UTC 2009

On Thu, Nov 12, 2009 at 10:04:29AM -0600, Jesús Abidan wrote:

> i think i have the problem...
>
> i have two hard disks, IDE and SATA, i saw in my MS XP, my root label is F:
> instead of C: maybe it is something related to jumpers or something like
> that?

That is a little surprise to me, but I am not up on the ins and outs
of IDE/SATA labeling.    Most of my machines - all of the servers -
have SCSI or SAS disk which does it differently (and more easily).
My only SATA machines have only a single disk.

One thing to ask is:   what does it have as c:, d: and e: ??
Maybe something is plugged in the wrong - or inconvenient - order
on the controller.  Or, I suppose there might be a jumper issue.

////jerry