Does hybernate/wakeup work?

Yuri yuri at rawbw.com
Tue Nov 3 18:56:26 UTC 2009

Paul B Mahol wrote:
> On 10/23/09, Yuri <yuri at rawbw.com> wrote:
>
>> I tried to make system hybernate with 'acpiconf -s4' on my laptop.
>> It quickly turned off, but when I press the power button it boots like
>> no hybernate and begins to check disks.
>>
>> What can be wrong?
>>

> OS S4 is not implemented, but BIOS S4 is possible on some machines ...
> And on 8.0 and 9.0 i386 SMP doesnt resume properly (amd64 works).

'acpiconf -s4' also brings laptop to unwakeable state. Power button begins to flash, when I press any button there is some disk activity, power button light turns on. And nothing happens.
'apm -z' produces similar result.

Maybe it's better to ask what works?
Is there any way I can use suspend/sleep mode? Any basic way to make it sleep?

Yuri