command to dump entire server config

Mark Powell M.S.Powell at salford.ac.uk
Mon Nov 2 14:31:04 UTC 2009

On Mon, 2 Nov 2009, APseudoUtopia wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 2, 2009 at 7:25 AM, Mark Powell <M.S.Powell at salford.ac.uk> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>  I seem to recall a command was added recently to FreeBSD which provides a
>> dump of the entire server config, in one go.
>>  A google for this yields nothing.
>>  Anyone tell me this timesaving command?
>>  Cheers.
>
> Maybe dump(8) is what you're looking for? I don't know of any command
> to dump the configuration of a server. Although, it still may exist, I
> just don't know of it.

   Thanks for the response.
   Why is it that you always discover something just after posting? :(
   It was the port sysutils/sysinfo that I was thinking of.
   Apologies for the noise.
   Cheers.

--
Mark Powell - UNIX System Administrator - The University of Salford
Information & Learning Services, Clifford Whitworth Building,