korean & english on same box?

牛粥 bh at izb.knu.ac.kr
Mon Nov 2 03:50:12 UTC 2009

Steve Franks <bahamasfranks at gmail.com> writes:

> My Korean mother-in-law is visiting USA for the first time.  I don't
> know the first thing about what it will take to make it so she can
> email home, so I'm hoping someone on the list is familiar with this?
> I can start firefox for her, so my installation could theoretically
> stay in english, but I have a spare drive I could install korean fbsd
> on if needed, although I don't know if it's been translated well
> enough to understand sysinstall or bootup in Korean?

IMHO, your mother-in-law won't use computer, i guess. In general, Korean
women (above 40 years old) don't know about computer and Internet.

Though if you have to prepare that, discuss with your wife in
first. Your wife will know very well about the state of your
mother-in-law's computing general.

The following is just normal case. Korean need only Input Method program
such as Nabi under default X-Window system. That's enough to make
checking (writing) emails. Have a look korean/nabi in ports.

Sincerely,

--
"You still owe me two hundred dollars."
		-- Fanucci, "Chapter 14", page 202