Stable Mail Server And Web Mail

Jerry gesbbb at yahoo.com
Sat May 30 16:09:49 UTC 2009

On Sat, 30 May 2009 17:31:35 +0200 (CEST)
Wojciech Puchar <wojtek at wojtek.tensor.gdynia.pl> wrote:

>is this a reason, or that simply mysql is just slow and inefficient
>compared to postgreSQL?

There are many factors that could be contributing to the speed of MySQL.
For starters, what version are you employing? I believe
"databases/mysql60-server" is the latest version in the ports tree. Have
you tried using:

BUILD_OPTIMIZED=yes
BUILD_STATIC=yes

Their use could improve the speed of MySQL.

There are other options in the Makefile. Unfortunately, you have to set
them manually.

--
Jerry
gesbbb at yahoo.com

Theory is gray, but the golden tree of life is green.

	Goethe