find and searching for specific expression in files

Zbigniew Szalbot z.szalbot at lcwords.com
Sat May 30 09:26:20 UTC 2009

Hello,

Can you please give me a hint how to use find to search for a specific
text within files?

I am using find in the following manner:

find /path/to/files/ -mtime -2 -ls |less
to find files which have been recently modified. But I would like to
extend the search to find specific expression within files. -name is used
to specify file name. How can I search for strings within text?

It is probably in the man but I somehow overlook it. :(

Thank you very much in advance!

--
Zbigniew Szalbot