What is this forum for?

Bill Moran wmoran at potentialtech.com
Thu May 28 20:50:29 UTC 2009

On Thu, 28 May 2009 14:52:05 -0500
"Gary Gatten" <Ggatten at waddell.com> wrote:

> Is this forum intended to ask "specific" type questions and hope to get
> specific and relevant answers?  Or, is it a blog to generalize,
> theorize, banter, etc. about anything and everything?

[snip]

Stop whining.

This list has been around of a LOOOONG time.  The rules haven't changed
in the 10 years since I've been subscribed, and the list works 99% of the
time.

The few days a month where the discussion goes off-topic and turns into a
flame war _are_ annoying, but not significantly distracting in the grand
scheme of things.

-Bill