RTL8111-GR driver for FreeBSD6.4

Chris Hill chris at monochrome.org
Thu May 28 03:10:29 UTC 2009

On Thu, 28 May 2009, Wojciech Puchar wrote:

>> I have been looking for and have not been able to find out if there is a
>> driver for FreeBSD6.4 that supports the RTL8111-GR network adaptor. This is
>> a port that is built into the Intel DG31PR Motherboard.  Has anyone been
>> able
>
> man 4 re
>
> says it support RTL8111
>
> but i have FreeBSD 7.1

I have a 6.4 machine (about to be retired). On that machine, man 4 re says
it supports the RTL8111S, but does not mention the RTL8111GR. My guess is
that your GR will probably work, but it's only a guess. If worse comes to
worst, throw in a PCI ethernet card from the parts bin.

For reference, you can find man pages for many BSDs (and others) at
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi - for FreeBSD, this covers 7.2-RELEASE
back to 1.0-RELEASE.

HTH.

Chris Hill               chris at monochrome.org
**                     [ Busy Expunging <|> ]