Sponsoring FreeBSD

Chris Knipe savage at savage.za.org
Wed May 27 20:30:19 UTC 2009

On 27/05/09 12:40 -0700, prad wrote:
>On Wed, 27 May 2009 19:34:04 +0200
>"Chris Knipe" <savage at savage.za.org> wrote:
>
>> Snotty comments like this in a public forum, is exactly why I
>> no longer use FreeBSD.
>>
>i really don't understand this.
>it would make sense for you to ignore the forum, but why take it out on
>the os?

Because it's here to support the OS, and the level of support relates
-directly- to what I can expect here in terms of support of the OS, not
even getting started on the LEVEL of support and the PROFESIONALISM of
said support, or accuracy there of.

Hell, I'm to scared to post and ask a question because of starting a
'flame war'.

Perception is everything, and the IMAGE of FreeBSD that is created by this
forum, is one of a minority bunch of toddlers, throwing their toys in a cot
about each and every little thing that does not go the way they want it.
This thread is a PERFECT example there of, but there are many, many, many
threads that got COMPLETELY derailed because someone said the smallest
little thing that annoyed someone else.  GROW UP PEOPLE FFS.

If you want the world to believe you have a mature OS, *ACT* like you have
a mature OS...

Why am I still here, replying, reading?  Because, I'm INTERESTED.  But that
too, will more than likely start a completely different spin off and flame
war and mass mails now, with questions like why am I interested and not
using FreeBSD....

--
Chris.