Fwd: Patching? Probably a trivial question, but...

Kurt Buff kurt.buff at gmail.com
Wed May 27 16:21:43 UTC 2009

I really should learn to hit reply-all on these lists...

Kurt

On Wed, May 27, 2009 at 08:54, Wojciech Puchar
<wojtek at wojtek.tensor.gdynia.pl> wrote:

>> I've gotten a patch for a program in the ports tree from one of the
>> authors of the program - not the port maintainer - to fix a small
>> problem, but don't know how to install the updated port.
>
> i think it's best to add your patch to /usr/ports/blah/blah/files
>
> with name patch-something
>
> look at existing as an example

That didn't seem to work.

However, I've deleted the work directory after placing patch as you
suggested, and am watching 'make' do its thing - after starting script
to record the session.

I should be able to examine that and see if it does as you think.

Kurt