A FreeBSD program that rotates text

Gonzalo Nemmi gnemmi at gmail.com
Tue May 26 20:08:57 UTC 2009

On Tue, May 26, 2009 at 4:35 PM, Polytropon <freebsd at edvax.de> wrote:

> Dear list,
>
> I'm searching for a FreeBSD based means to align text in
> a circle, adjusted like in a sigulum.
>
> I've tried to find an option in OpenOffice, but failed.
> Can anyone name me a program that can be used to do so?
> It can even be LaTeX, or a painting program that lets
> me construct a sigulum, like this:
>

> http://www-e.uni-magdeburg.de/ruge/verschiedenes/medien-als-manipulatoren/otto.gif
>
> Text at the top should be adjustable with its bottom
> towards the inner of the circle, text at the circle's
> bottom hould be adjustable with the bottom to the outer
> perimeter of the circle so both text is "standing up".
>
> A pictural figure should be placable in the inner of
> the circle. Colours should be applyable.
>
> Final output can be everything: Image formats like
> PNG or JPG, PDF files, Postscript.
>
> Suggestions, anyone? =^_^=

Hi Polytropon!
I'm really glad to be able to have a solid answer to one of your questions,
I mean .. I've read so many solid answers coming from you, beign able to
answer one of your questions makes me feel good.

The tool I use to do that is Inkscape, and here you'll find a video tutorial
on how to do exactly what you are asking for (and a lot of video tutorials
to do whatever you may want to do with Inkscape =) ):
http://screencasters.heathenx.org/episode-014/

Hope I helped

Regards
Gonzalo Nemmi