Lenovo s9e or well supported netbook

Tim Judd tajudd at gmail.com
Tue May 19 12:38:27 UTC 2009

On Tue, May 19, 2009 at 5:32 AM, Peter Harrison
<peter.piggybox at virgin.net>wrote:

> Is anyone running FreeBSD on a Lenovo s9e? I'm in the market for a netbook,
> and have seen these fairly cheap but can't find anything on Google about
> anyone trying FreeBSD on one.
>
> I'd rather not run Linux, so can anyone share experiences of the Lenovo, or
> suggest a better supported netbook?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Peter Harrison

Look at the T-series.  Google can probably confirm the general answer that
they run unixen well.  The X series I think work, but you might and might
not have better success with them.

I use BSD on a Lenovo T60 with no problems. The USB bio-reader isn't
recognized and sometimes the wpi0 looses it's link (but it looses it
sometimes in Windows too).  Bring the link back up by
  ifconfig wpi0 up scan

I don't know about the other series, but the T and X have got lots of google
hits last time I checked.