apache not starting on reboot

Odhiambo ワシントン odhiambo at gmail.com
Mon May 18 08:55:02 UTC 2009

On Mon, May 18, 2009 at 11:03 AM, Brent Clark <brentgclarklist at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hiya
>
> I have the following in my /etc/rc.conf
>
> mitm# cat /etc/rc.conf | grep apache
> apache22_enable="YES"
> mitm#
>
> The problem I seem to be experiencing is that if I reboot the machine, then
> apache does not come up. Its only on when I run
>
> /usr/local/etc/rc.d/apache22 restart
>
> that apache is running and available.
>
> If anyone could assist me on where I went wrong or on what route and / or
> path to look, I would be most grateful.

Start by looking at /var/log/messages
Apache sometimes refuses to start if it cannot properly resolve the
servername. If you have a ServerName directive in httpd.conf, try and see if
it matches an entry in /etc/hosts or even a DNS entry - such that apache can
resolve it.

--
Best regards,
Odhiambo WASHINGTON,