7.2 disc1 & bootonly cds not recognized as bootable

Fbsd1 fbsd1 at a1poweruser.com
Sun May 17 04:51:35 UTC 2009

Running 7.1 and trying to do clean install of 7.2. Downloaded both disc1
and bootonly iso files because the 7.2 release announcement says this.

Note: late in the testing cycle it was discovered some machines do not
recognize

the i386 disc1 as bootable (they just fall through to booting off the
next boot device).

All affected machines did see the other discs as bootable. If you have a
machine

with that problem booting off either bootonly or livefs and then
swapping in disc1

once sysinstall starts should work.

In my case I have the described booting problem with both disc1 and the
bootonly disk.

Disc1 and bootonly cd are bootable on different computer so know they
are good.

Dead in the water, Help