ghostscript8 - errors when compiling from ports

Jonathan Chen jonc at chen.org.nz
Wed May 13 19:08:14 UTC 2009

On Wed, May 13, 2009 at 05:54:09PM +0200, Zbigniew Komarnicki wrote:
> On Wednesday 13 of May 2009 12:08:55 you wrote:
>
> > just a guess, looks like a problems with cups-base, try to update it first.
> > I recommend ports-mgmt/portmaster.
>
> Thank you for help :-)
>
> I upgraded all my installed ports, by
> # portmaster -a
>
> but this error still remain. I also reinstall the cups-base port by
> # portmaster -rf print/cups-base
>
> but still with no success. Here is the output:

Here's the thing: Ghostscript has a hidden (and apparently broken)
dependency on cups (ie, it's not in the Makefile). If you (forcibly)
deinstall cups-base and cups-client, you will be able to install ghostscript
cleanly. Then when that succeeds, you reinstall cups-client (first) and
then cups-base.

Hope that helps.
--
Jonathan Chen <jonc at chen.org.nz>