Welcome to the "freebsd-questions" mailing list

Duane duane at cheekymonkey.us
Wed May 13 18:40:27 UTC 2009

On 5/13/09, Shakil Khan <korikov.zk at gmail.com> wrote:

> Can anyone let me know how can I download FreeBSD kernel source code.

1. Surf to http://freebsd.org.

2. Notice that there are now two flavors of FreeBSD:

LATEST RELEASES

    * Production Release 7.2
    * Production (Legacy) Release 6.4

3. Click on 'Documentation' and then 'Handbook'.

4. Scroll down to the table of contents of 'Appendix A. Obtaining
FreeBSD' and review these possibilities. I suggest you try CVSup.
There are CVSup clients available for virtually all Unixen systems,
including Linux.

	NB. Now, read carefully the section on CVSup:

	http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/cvsup.html

	You can grab whatever source you want with this method.

5. RTFM!

--
Duane