make.conf options based on DESTDIR?

David Wassman DWassman at davismonk.com
Wed May 13 18:27:11 UTC 2009

I have setup several jails that use a master template similar to the advanced jail configuration in the handbook. Currently, I build the master jail with several build options turned off using a separate make.conf file and setting __MAKE_CONF to it.

I was wondering if there is a way to set /etc/make.conf up so that if DESTDIR is set to the master jail location, make would use those options but not use them during a standard build process with DESTDIR not defined or pointed somewhere else.

I have read through the man pages on make and make.conf, and have tried:

.if DESTDIR=/usr/Jail/master
WITHOUT_ACPI=YES
WITHOUT_BOOT=YES
.endif

But it does not seem to work correctly. Any ideas if this is possible. Would make it easier to rebuild the jail template since I wouldn't need to remember to set __MAKE_CONF.

Any help would be appreciated.

David Wassman, MCSA MCP Net+ Security+
Senior Network\System Administrator
Davis, Monk & Company
(800) 344-5034
(352) 372-6300
(352) 375-1583 FAX

The information contained in this electronic message is legally privileged and confidential under applicable law, and is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, copying or disclosure of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify Davis, Monk & Company (352) 372-6300 and delete this communication immediately without reading it, making any copies of it or distributing it.

P Please keep this email paperless