Processors

Adam Vande More amvandemore at gmail.com
Tue May 12 15:22:02 UTC 2009

Ghirai wrote:
> On Tuesday 12 May 2009 06:01:13 Peter Ulrich Kruppa wrote:
>
>> Am Montag, den 11.05.2009, 19:11 -0400 schrieb Glen Barber:

>>> If by 'limited' you mean being able to use nVidia drivers, that's not
>>> very 'limited' to me.
>>>
>> Please do correct me:
>> Only Graphic Cards by nVidia are a problem on amd64, everything else can
>> be run via OpenSource drivers (?!)
>>
>> Greetings
>>
>> Uli.
Has anyone used the Nouveau driver?  I tried nv awhile on AMD64, but my
eForce 8600 GTS 512MB could not even do full screen dvd playback without
choking(it was dual head but still...).  I don't really need much more
performance than that, so if anyone has had a good experience please
share.  I don't really feel like farking w/ xorg.conf for another 2 days.