7.2-release and xorg

firak jotawski socketss at hotmail.com
Mon May 11 12:37:01 UTC 2009

> Date: Sun, 10 May 2009 20:56:01 +0100
> From: cwhiteh at onetel.com
> To: socketss at hotmail.com
> CC: freebsd-questions at freebsd.org
> Subject: Re: 7.2-release and xorg
>
> firak jotawski wrote:
> > hi sirs,
> >
> > apologized me for disturbing the list but i really have problem, X -config /root/xorg.conf.new produce a black screen and die.
> >
> > i attached my machine uname -a, my xorg packages installed, X -configure output and its' configuration file.
> >
> > any helps anf hints would highly appreciated.
> >
> > with best regards,
> > psr

> http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/x-config.html
>
> eg
>
> # Xorg -config xorg.conf.new
>
> Starting with Xorg 7.4 and above, this test produces a black screen
> which may make it difficult to diagnose whether X11 is working properly.
> The older behavior is still available by using the retro option:
>
> # Xorg -config xorg.conf.new -retro

Thank you for your kind reply.  And the links that i have read but i have no lucks in starting X.
i have to revert back to 7.3 instead since i need to bring my box up and running for works tomorrow.
i will try again by the end of this month anyway.

i appreciate all of helps and hints for my case.

with best regards,
psr