GDM users list

Giorgos Keramidas keramida at ceid.upatras.gr
Mon May 11 00:02:36 UTC 2009

On Mon, 11 May 2009 01:07:10 +0200 (CEST), Marco Beishuizen <mbeis at xs4all.nl> wrote:
> When I use GDM for logging in, the only possible users I can choose
> from are the "logcheck system account" and "other", but not my regular
> user account. Why is that?

FWIW, the gdm user list applet seems to be having a few problems in
8.0-CURRENT too.

It is auto-enabled when procfs(5) is mounted at `/proc' but it only
shows `other' a few dozen times on my laptop, and clicking on them
sometimes crashes gdm.  I'm still trying to find out why, but you may
find it easier to get help by posting to the freebsd-gnome list.