7.2-RELEASE Xorg Problem

Frank Shute frank at shute.org.uk
Sat May 9 21:37:34 UTC 2009

On Sat, May 09, 2009 at 08:35:43PM +0200, Fabian Krook wrote:

> When i try to do ex X -configure it tell me that there are no Driver and
> then create xorg.conf.new which have the driver. But when i tries to use X
> -config xorg.conf.new it will just go into a blank screen and can only be
> terminated through kill command. (Have installed the ATI radeon Driver) Any
> clue?

Check that the ATI Radeon driver supports your card. pciconf(8) and
the manpage for the ATI driver should help.

It sounds like it's working (bare X no longer has the hatch screen)
so it might be worth trying to launch an xterm & wm through ~/.xinitrc
assuming you use startx.

You need the line:

Option "DontZap" "off"

in:

Section "ServerLayout"

of your xorg.conf in order to kill X with ctl-alt-backspace.

Regards,

--

 Frank