Configuring an IPv6 router to assign addresses

Brian A. Seklecki seklecki at noc.cfi.pgh.pa.us
Fri May 8 11:38:44 UTC 2009

On Wed, 2009-05-06 at 14:30 +0000, af300wsm at gmail.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've found in the handbook how to start up a v6 router and some other
> helpful links on this topic at the FreeBSD diary. However, I'm wondering,

You want to the rtadvd(8) daemon.

$ sudo grep -i rtadvd /etc/defaults/rc.conf
rtadvd_enable="NO"		# Set to YES to enable an IPv6 router
rtadvd_interfaces=""		# Interfaces rtadvd sends RA packets.

To hand out DNS servers, you'll want DHCPv6, but most folks are okay
with the DNS servers they're getting via IPv4 static/dhcp.

I recommend purchasing ipvbook.ca.  Great read.

~BAS