Teaming NIC

Vincent Hoffman vince at unsane.co.uk
Fri May 8 09:27:54 UTC 2009

On 8/5/09 07:47, Daniels Vanags wrote:
> Hello,
>

> FreeBSD 6.3 has new device called lagg(4).
>
>  Lagg is a link aggregation and link failover interface.
>
>  With lagg we can easily bond two NIC interfaces together.
>
>  But how we can do NIC teaming in FreeBSD 6.2? Please help.

I would highly recommend you upgrade to the latest 6.4 (or even better
the 7 series) but if you cannot for some reason, have a look at
netgraph, ng_fec might be ok if you have a cisco switch, and ng_one2many
looks interesting.  I havent tried them but I'm sure others on here
could comment on them.

Vince