Xdvi with amd64

Andrew Hamilton-Wright andrew at QEMG.org
Wed May 6 15:43:23 UTC 2009

On Mon, 4 May 2009, Olivier Nicole wrote:

>> Exactly which fonts are you having trouble with?  I can tell you
>> whether I can reproduce the issue under 7.1.
>
> Nothing exotic at all: cmr10.300.pk
>
> The error message is:
>
>    $ xdvi memo
>    Note:  overstrike characters may be incorrect.
>    $

For what it is worth, I don't seem to be able to produce this
with any DVI files I create.  If you have one in particular you
would like me to verify, you can email it to me.

What version of xdvi are you running?  I have a recent port:

     $ xdvi -version
 	xdvik version 22.84.10 (@(#)Motif Version 2.2.3, runtime version 2.2)
 	Libraries: kpathsea version 3.5.2, T1lib version 5.1.2

A.