FOR MARK

Polytropon freebsd at edvax.de
Mon May 4 23:31:30 UTC 2009

On Tue, 05 May 2009 07:25:47 +1000, Warren Liddell <shinjii at maydias.com> wrote:
> After finally managing to get some encoding options from this list
> everything went smoothley untill it got to the burning part .. below is
> the error i got....
>
> enterprise# ls
> dvd.iso
> enterprise# growisofs -dvd-video -Z /dev/cd1 dvd.iso

Hmmm... my growisofs doesn't have -dvd-video (only -dvd-compat),
so google("geowisofs -dvd-compat"); and I found:

	The -dvd-video option will be passed down to mkisofs(8)
	and will instruct it to create a DVD-Video file system
	layout. Beside this, the -dvd-video option implies -dvd-compat
	growisofs(1) option.

Source:

	http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en/books/handbook/creating-dvds.html
	18.7.4

It seems that -dvd-video has to be given if you've NOT mastered
an ISO file already, read: when you work with the source files.

> WARNING: /dev/cd1 already carries isofs!

Not a blank media?

> About to execute 'mkisofs -dvd-video dvd.iso | builtin_dd of=/dev/pass1
> obs=32k seek=0'
> mkisofs: Unable to make a DVD-Video image.
> :-( write failed: Input/output error

The mkisofs tools seems to require the source files for the ISO
to be created, it cannot create a video DVD ISO file from a video
DVD ISO file.

> What am i missing//not doing correctly ?

Missing: Reading the handbook.
Not doing correctly: Command line options.
:-)

--
Polytropon
>From Magdeburg, Germany