Poor ZFS performance

nf nf at wh3rd.net
Mon May 4 00:07:56 UTC 2009

On Sat, May 2, 2009 at 7:22 PM, Frederique Rijsdijk
<frederique at isafeelin.org> wrote:
> nf wrote:
>>
>> 733843456 bytes transferred in 61.124812 secs (12005656 bytes/sec)
>
> That is very low. I get about 60MB/sec in this way. Adding bs=1m it'll go up
> to 240MB/sec even (raidz1 with 4*1TB).
>
> Could you show top -S ?

I will, the next time I experience the issue.

I had already rebooted the box, which immediately alleviated the
issue. I can only presume, at this point, that it seems to have been
related to the 2gb of allocated/active memory shown by top. I had no
memory intensive apps running, merely an idle lighttpd, mysqld, and
rtorrent (which only occupied about 90mb).

Thanks,

Andrew