clear old output in login screen?

jw jwdevel at gmail.com
Sun May 3 21:29:12 UTC 2009

On Sun, May 3, 2009 at 1:51 PM, Paul B. Mahol <onemda at gmail.com> wrote:

> echo $TERM | grep cons25 >> /dev/null && clear && vidcontrol -C

Aha! I didn't know about 'vidcontrol -C'
That combined with 'clear' does the trick.

However...
Is there any way I could have this execute when the "login:" prompt
displays, rather than having each user need to do it themselves?

In other words, I want this clearing to happen for all users
regardless of shell, etc.

I haven't seen anything in login(1) or login.conf(5) that allows this
kind of customization, but maybe I missed it...

-John