mod_php5 and apache22

Mel Flynn mel.flynn+fbsd.questions at mailing.thruhere.net
Mon Mar 30 13:40:01 PDT 2009

On Wednesday 25 March 2009 05:36:26 Ian Smith wrote:
> On Tue, 24 Mar 2009 16:46:16 +0100 Ruben de Groot <mail25 at bzerk.org> wrote:
>  > On Tue, Mar 24, 2009 at 03:20:26PM +0100, Mel Flynn typed:
>  > > On Tuesday 24 March 2009 15:13:33 Christoph Kukulies wrote:
>  > > > I moved a site from some FreeBSD 5.2 or something (with apache2 and
>  > > > mod_php5 at that time,
>  > > > about 3 years old) to 7.1 (Beta though) and apache22.
>  > > >
>  > > > Now I don't find something that looks like mod_php5 in
>  > > > /usr/ports/www.
>  > > >
>  > > > Has that changed somehow?
>  > >
>  > > lang/php5 with APACHE_MODULE ticked in options dialog.
>  >
>  > The apache module compile is off by default since somewhere in 2006 and
>  > I keep forgetting that occasionally :(
>  > So people using pkg_add -r php5 will not get mod_php5.
>
> That's right, you haven't been able able to install mod_php5 from a
> package for at least that long.  I've never understood the rationale.

APACHE_MODULE pulls in apache as dep, while CGI and CLI do not. There is not
much difference in performance with the CGI version and mod_fcgid, the major
difference with the module is the ease of site/directory specific
configuration of php through php_value and php_flag directives.

A slave port is easily created with one Makefile, as below.

# New ports collection makefile for:    php5-module
# Date created:                         Jan 11 2009
# Whom:                                 Mel Flynn <mel+ports at rachie.is-a-
geek.net>
#
# $Coar: ports/local/php5-module/Makefile,v 1.2 2009/03/30 20:37:22 mel Exp $
# NOTE: we cannot use PKGNAMESUFFIX as that triggers extension build in
#       MASTERDIR/Makefile
PORTNAME=	php5-module
MASTERDIR=	${.CURDIR}/../../lang/php5
CATEGORIES=	local lang
PKGORIGIN=	local/php5-module
PKGNAMEPREFIX=	module-

# Set some options, though the config dialog is still set. This build is
# primarily for jails, where some php5 command line scripting is desired.
# Jails can't use SUHOSIN
WITHOUT_SUHOSIN=yes
WITHOUT_CGI=yes
WITHOUT_FASTCGI=yes