6.x -> 7.1

Grant Peel gpeel at thenetnow.com
Sun Mar 29 14:18:58 PDT 2009

Hi all,

We have (finally) made the decision to move our server (10 -Dell) from
Toronto to a newer data center closer to our office in London.

Before I ask this question, I would like to ensure everyone I will be
reading all the docs I can find, but since the upgrade will be much work, I
thought I would ask the question here anyways :-)

Question: given the items below, should I expext the make and build of
FreeBSD and the software below, to go pretty much as it did in 6.x? (Does
anyone know of any showstoppers)?

All software below has/will be built from ports.

Synopsis:

10 Dell 1U Rack servers (Intel Based, SCSI) more or less standard entry
level servers)
All running
-FreeBSD 6.x,
-Apache 2.2.x