[OT] - Best Practices(TM) for Configuration File Changes

Glen Barber glen.j.barber at gmail.com
Sun Mar 29 04:37:29 PDT 2009

Hello, list.

Before I pose my question, I am not intending to start a flame-war of
any sort -- I'm just searching for "different" ways of doing things.

With so many different version control systems available (aside from
the traditional "keep current backups" solution), I am curious:

Q:  What is *your* favorite/suggestion solution to keep (working)
versions of configuration files, in case something goes awry?

I am specifically targeting configuration files because they are what
I change the most, in avoidance of "It worked 10 minutes ago..."
situations.

Cheers,

--
Glen Barber