analyzing httpd-error.log

Charles Howse chowse at charter.net
Sat Mar 28 21:20:08 PDT 2009

Hi,
I'm running 6.4-STABLE, Apache22, logwatch and Webalizer.

Webalizer is doing what it's supposed to with httpd-access.log, but
when I give it the error log to process is coughs, spits and spills
out errors with no data processed.  My research hasn't turned up a
good solution for webalizer and -error.log.

In httpd.conf, I'm using both common and combined log formats.
Webalizer will read them both.

With logwatch, and even with the log detail turned up to 7, I'm not
getting the detail I want from the error.log.  I want to see
*everything* in that log.

Anybody got a solution?

--
Thanks,
Charles

Things that make you say, Hmmmmmm...
If you were a pastor, and you were getting married, would you hire a
pastor, or would you do the wedding yourself?